Saturday, November 12, 2005

To some of my fellow listeners...

To Savvymoo, I don't like shushing people, and I wasn't the one in that circumstance doing the shushing. It was the mother, but only because she couldn't be bothered to speak directly to her children. I don't feel that it should be my job to shush. I don't like continuing the very old fashioned idea of librarians. Librarians, in fact are very cool PEOPLE. :) They are not little old white ladies in sensible shoes who want to be able to hear a pin drop. On the other hand, I want all people who come into the library to respect others. This past week there was VERY LITTLE respect held by any of the people under 18 that came into the library. Wednesday and Thursday's antics continued on Friday, so by the end of the week I was very sad. So I had a Japanese beer. It was yummy.

To Adrienne, thank you. As an uber librarian (not me, you), I value your opinion beyond words.

To Patty, I was at Ogden on Thursday and Anne told me about the mother allowing her child to climb on the puppet theater (and laughing about it). To make matters worse, it sounded like they didn't even apologize for breaking it. I think there must be something in the water on that side of the city, or disrepect was just floating in the air. Sad really.

Even so, I LOVE being a librarian. The hugs that I sometimes get (when parents are in the room) from story time kids make everything better.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Cathy Kyle said...

I'm sorry. I've been a very naughty girl.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Thoms said...

Bean Bag Chairs
Really appreciate you sharing this article.Thanks Again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home